Cisco Home Lab Certification Kits
CCNA Starter Kit
This kit is tailored to the beginning student interested in pursuing his or her CCNA certification. It includes the essential items that you would need to pass the CCNA exam, without the bells and whistles. This kit does include, however, a Getting Started guide that will give you a nudge in the right direction.
The CCNA certification (Cisco Certified Network Associate) indicates a foundation in and apprentice knowledge of networking for the small office/home office (SOHO) market. CCNA certified professionals can install, configure, and operate LAN, WAN, and dial access services for small networks (100 nodes or fewer), including but not limited to use of these protocols: IP, IGRP, IPX, Serial, AppleTalk, Frame Relay, IP RIP, VLANs, RIP, Ethernet, Access Lists.
This kit features two Cisco 2501 routers, each with one AUI Ethernet port, two high-speed synchronous serial ports, one console port and one auxiliary port. The included IOS image collection will give the student exposure to many different command environments.
As a special added bonus, purchasers of this Lab Kit receive a prepaid, 6-month subscription to the Certification Zone website. The Study Guides and Practice Exams found at Certification Zone have helped thousands of networking professionals pass Cisco's CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE certification exams and advance their networking careers. Included in Certification Zone's Study Guides are professionally developed lab scenario exercises you can complete using this Home Lab Kit.
The complete accessories kit includes cables, adapters, and all of the other peripheral items you might need to set up a wide array of networking scenarios. Also included is a customized CD-ROM with a large collection of Cisco IOS images plus a tftp server, ftp server, assorted helpful and interesting applications and utilities, extensive device documentation, and much more.
- 2 Cisco 2501 Routers, 16D/16F, Cisco IOS Version 12.x Enterprise Edition
- 6 Month Subscription to the Certification Zone
- 2 Ethernet Transceivers (required for adapting AUI ports on 2501's to standard RJ45 connectors)
- 1 Cisco Console Cable Kit (required for console access to routers via PC)
- 1 Cisco Serial Crossover Cable (for interconnection of the routers via the serial ports)
- 1 CAT-5e Straight-Thru cables w/ RJ45 terminations
- 1 CAT-5e Cross-Over cables w/ RJ45 terminations
- Cisco 2500 Series Router Installation and Configuration Guide
- Cisco 2500 Multiport Installation and Configuration Guide
- Cisco Catalyst 1900 Series Switch Installation and Configuration Guide
- Cisco Catalyst 1900 Series Enterprise Edition Switch SW Configuration Guide
- Cisco Catalyst 1900 Quick Start Guide
- Cisco Catalyst 1900 Series Switch Command Reference
- "Getting Started" Guide for Newbies
- Customized CD-ROM with TFTP Server, Packet Sniffer, Collection of Cisco IOS images, additional study guides and Cisco documentation, plus much more!
With the equipment in this kit, plus the in-depth coverage of all relevant topics in the included text books and accompanying CD's, you will be able to learn and configure all the essential network protocols, such as OSPF, BGP, BGP4, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP and RIP v2, IS-IS, OSI, ODR, PBR, Firewall, IPSEC 56, Cisco Encryption Technology (CET) 56 Bit, AAA, PAP, Committed Access Rate (CAR), NAT, CIDR, Frame Relay, PPP, PVC, SLIP, IP, Novell IPX/SPX, CDP, HDLC, NTP, NHRP, NetFlow, Appletalk, Protocol Translation, Bridging, Access Lists, Spanning Tree, and SNMP, plus many more.
Availability: Usually ships in 5-7 business days. Customers located
in continental US will have a $14.95 shipping charge added to your
order. Shipping charges for Customers located outside the continental
US will vary depending upon your location and will be billed to your
credit card separately. All orders outside US are shipped via FedEx
International Economy. If you want exact shipping charge estimate
before placing an order for this kit, please e-mail: