Cisco Home Lab Certification Kits
CCNA/CCNP Basic Certification Kit
This kit is designed for those students intending to work towards their CCNP certification, regardless of whether they are an advanced student studying towards one of the CCNP exams or a beginner starting with his or her CCNA. The CCNA/CCNP Basic Certification Kit builds on the CCNA kits offered by ChipSet Technologies.
The CCNP certification (Cisco Certified Network Professional) indicates advanced or journeyman knowledge of networks. With a CCNP, a network professional can install, configure, and operate LAN, WAN, and dial access services for organizations with networks from 100 to more than 500 nodes, including but not limited to these protocols: IP, IGRP, IPX, Async Routing, AppleTalk, Extended Access Lists, IP RIP, Route Redistribution, RIP, Route Summarization, OSPF, VLSM, BGP, Serial, Frame Relay, ISDN, ISL, X.25, DDR, PSTN, PPP, VLANs, Ethernet, Access Lists, 802.10, FDDI, Transparent and Translational Bridging.
This kit features three Cisco 2501 Ethernet routers. With three routers, you can simulate a wide range of complex routing scenarios. The 2501 is the flagship of Cisco's 2500 series family of routers. These routers each have one Ethernet port for LAN connections, two Serial ports for the simulation of WAN connections, plus console and auxiliary ports.
This kit also features the WS-C1912 Catalyst switch with Enterprise software. This switch features both a menu-based user interface and a command line interface based on the Cisco IOS. Cisco will integrate this interface into all of it's switches over time. The WS-C1912 supports multiple VLANs and much more.
As a special added bonus, purchasers of this Lab Kit receive a prepaid, 6-month subscription to the Certification Zone website. The Study Guides and Practice Exams found at Certification Zone have helped thousands of networking professionals pass Cisco's CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE certification exams and advance their networking careers. Included in Certification Zone's Study Guides are professionally developed lab scenario exercises you can complete using this Home Lab Kit.
The complete accessories kit includes cables, adapters, NIC, hub, and all of the other peripheral items you might need to set up a wide array of networking scenarios. Also included is a customized CD-ROM with a large collection of Cisco IOS images plus a tftp server, ftp server, assorted helpful and interesting applications and utilities, extensive device documentation, and much more.
- 3 Cisco 2501 Routers, 16D/16F, Cisco IOS Version 12.x Enterprise Edition
- 1 Cisco WS-C1912 Catalyst Switch with Enterprise Software
- 6 Month Subscription to the Certification Zone
- 3 Ethernet Transceivers (required for adapting AUI ports on 2501's to standard RJ45 connectors)
- 1 Ethernet 4-Port Hub
- 1 Ethernet NIC for your PC
- 2 Cisco Console Cable Kits (required for console access to routers and switch via PC)
- 3 Cisco Serial Crossover Cable (for interconnection of the routers via the serial ports)
- 4 CAT-5e Straight-Thru cables w/ RJ45 terminations
- 3 CAT-5e Cross-Over cables w/ RJ45 terminations
- Cisco 2500 Series Router Installation and Configuration Guide
- Cisco 2500 Multiport Installation and Configuration Guide
- Cisco Catalyst 1900 Series Switch Installation and Configuration Guide
- Cisco Catalyst 1900 Series Enterprise Edition Switch SW Configuration Guide
- Cisco Catalyst 1900 Quick Start Guide
- Cisco Catalyst 1900 Series Switch Command Reference
- "Getting Started" Guide for Newbies
- Customized CD-ROM with TFTP Server, Packet Sniffer, Collection of Cisco IOS images, additional study guides and Cisco documentation, plus much more!
With the equipment in this kit, plus the in-depth coverage of all relevant topics in the included text books and accompanying CD's, you will be able to learn and configure all the essential network protocols, such as OSPF, BGP, BGP4, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP and RIP v2, IS-IS, OSI, ODR, PBR, Firewall, IPSEC 56, Cisco Encryption Technology (CET) 56 Bit, AAA, PAP, Committed Access Rate (CAR), NAT, CIDR, Frame Relay, PPP, PVC, SLIP, IP, Novell IPX/SPX, CDP, HDLC, NTP, NHRP, NetFlow, Appletalk, Protocol Translation, Bridging, VLANs, Access Lists, Spanning Tree, and SNMP, plus many more.
Set up all three routers in a star configuration and create a meshed frame-relay environment. Configure the WS-C1912 Catalyst switch into 2 or more VLANs, and you have a mockup of a three-site, multi-protocol WAN. Set up Network Management utilizing SNMP. Practice backing up and restoring IOS images. Simulate network failures and test various failover scenarios. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination and the skills you develop. All of the tools are included!
This lab is perfect for any experience level. This kit will walk a beginner through the CCNA exam, or an experienced network engineer through all four of the CCNP exams and beyond.
Availability: Usually ships in 5-7 business days. Customers located
in continental US will have a $24.95 shipping charge added to your
order. Shipping charges for Customers located outside the continental
US will vary depending upon your location and will be billed to your
credit card separately. All orders outside US are shipped via FedEx
International Economy. If you want exact shipping charge estimate
before placing an order for this kit, please e-mail: