The Guide to Environmental Analytical Methods
Updated in the Fifth Edition
Back to Guide to Environmental Analytical Methods
- New and revised methods have been added based on Update IV of the Third Edition of SW-846.
- The Method Status Table (in Appendix D) has been extensively revised, listing current promulgated methods and more recently revised versions.
- CLP data has been completely updated to reflect the newest Statements of Work, including inorganics ILM05.2, December, 2001, organics OLM04.2, May, 1999, and OLC03.2, December, 2000.
- Tabular data on the CLP organics have been expanded to include the low concentration method, which is presented in a convenient side-by-side comparison with the multi-media, multi-concentration Statement of Work.
- A new tabular comparison of multi-anion analysis by ion chromatography and capillary electrophoresis has been added. These analytical techniques are increasingly more visible within the industry and the regulatory framework.
- All EPA 200 series, 500 series, 600 series, and methods found in the 20th Edition of Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater have been updated when necessary.
- Covers when and how to apply EPA Methods 8270 and 625, which must be kept in the forefront because the EPA still maintains a strict separation between the two program areas.